General Manager of Corporate Services
The City of Swift Current is the fifth largest city in Saskatchewan. The City has continued to grow in the last decade and is devoted to Quality of Life for the residents. Economic activity and opportunity abound in the City where “life makes sense”
Due to retirement the City is currently looking for a General Manager of Corporate Services to join its Senior Management team. This is your opportunity to lead a solid team of finance professionals.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, this executive management position provides leadership to and is responsible for the overall management of the Corporate Services division which includes administration of the City/RCMP MOU, all corporate, financial and capital accounting, I.T., planning and budgeting, corporate communications, marketing programs, human resources, OHS, policy implementation and more. Collective bargaining, policy development and strategic planning experience will be an asset.
The General Manager is responsible for all operations of the division, even those that may be subject to some change. The individual selected will have the opportunity to act for the Chief Administrative Officer in his/her absence. The successful candidate will represent the Corporate Services Division at City Council meetings, director and manager meetings as required.
- University Degree in Business Administration or Commerce with an accounting major or equivalent education and experience.
- Professional Accounting designation (CPA) or a combination of experience and Municipal Government training. (must be willing to attain certification)
- Related experience with ten (10) years of progressive experience in a senior management role, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Willing to become youth certified
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, organizational and project management skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with staff, other levels of government, elected officials, consultants, media and the general public.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with Oracle Fusion Software would be an asset. (financial accounting software)
The City of Swift Current offers a competitive salary and benefits package.