** This posting is for one (1) casual on-going position **
The Edmonton Police Service, in cooperation with other agencies and the citizens of Edmonton, is integral in preserving the quality of life in our community by increasing public safety and security. Join the CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre) Warrant Unit where we offer a dynamic work environment and challenging and rewarding career opportunities, variety of work, and the ability to contribute to your community.
Reporting to the CPIC Team Leader, an Operator’s primary responsibility involves the disseminating of confidential information by radio, telephone, in-person, and via the CPIC system to police personnel and authorized outside agencies. Operators consult and collaborate with law enforcement agencies across Canada and internationally to ensure information is accurate, reliable and purposeful. The CPIC Warrant Unit requires one (1) individual with excellent communication skills to assume the following responsibilities:
• Process criminal and traffic warrants, other court and police report orders as required in a timely sensitive manner.
• Perform data entry, removal and maintenance of agency records on the CPIC system.
• Enter, audit, monitor and act upon requests received via CPIC message, in-person, telephone, fax and take appropriate action.
• Respond to police field unit requests for information from specialized police databases and disseminate using radio operations, telephone and in person.
• Transcribing live information using radio operations and telephone.
• Retrieving and re-filing files.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Completion of the twelfth (12th) school grade.
• A minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible and diversified office and information processing experience including one (1) year within a police operational or police records environment.
• Extensive experience in data entry and retrieval of information from databases.
• Excellent interpersonal customer service skills and effective communication (oral and written) skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent ability to transcribe information with a high degree of accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure utilizing excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Experience in radio communications would be considered an asset.
• Strong reading and comprehension skills.
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the position, including the bending, lifting of banker boxes, etc.
• Proven ability to make sound judgments in a high pressured environment.
• Applicants may be tested.
• THE EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE WILL CONDUCT AN ENHANCED SECURITY CLEARANCE ON THOSE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE BEEN SHORT-LISTED.
Hours of Work:
Casual as required to provide 24 hour coverage, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. Shifts may be from 4 to 12 hours, hours vary from approximately 0-40 hours per week.
21B, Salary Grade: 008, $23.33 – $29.24 (Hourly), $1,866.90 – $2,339.60 (Bi-Weekly), $48,725.57 – $61,063.56 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton that expired on December 22, 2018.
• Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office.
• The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
• We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.