Located an hour east of Toronto, the thriving Southeastern Ontario community of Northumberland County has a rich history of agricultural production, world-class manufacturing, and economic viability. As the upper tier of municipal government, we weave together seven diverse yet complementary municipalities.
Currently, we are looking to fill the following existing vacancy:
Administrative Clerk, POA
Permanent, full-time position
Under the direction of the Court Services Manager, you will primarily be responsible for providing general administrative support to the Provincial Offences Act Office. You will attend the front counter to respond to requests and inquiries from the general public, agencies and the Judiciary; collect fine revenue, data input utilizing the provincial ICON (Integrated Court Offences Network) computer system, and respond to telephone customer service inquiries. You will also provide information on POA processes and procedures; receive charging documents from Enforcement agencies; distribute court dockets; balance daily revenues and prepare daily bank deposits. Additional responsibilities include taking minutes during meetings; reception coverage, maintaining office filing system; and providing administrative and court assistance to the POA Financial and Court support functions as required.
Qualifications & skills:
- Post-secondary education in administration, legal, accounting, or a related field
- Minimum two years’ of related experience
- Knowledge of the Provincial Offences Act
- Must have excellent organizational, customer service and communication skills
- Strong math and computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of ICON database system, CAMS, and experience with Great Plains would be considered assets
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet established deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with senior leadership team, peers, clients, and external contacts
The successful candidate will be required to submit a satisfactory vulnerable sector check prior to the commencement of employment. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.