The Golden Plough Lodge is a one hundred and fifty-one (151) bed long-term care facility that is owned and operated by the County of Northumberland.
Reporting to the Resident and Family Services Manager, you will provide spiritual and religious care to residents and families, coordinate spiritual volunteers, and deliver meaningful community engagement, as requested. You will also be responsible for managing documentation pertaining to the Long Term Care Homes Act.
Qualifications & skills:
• Masters of Divinity or Theological Studies or Bachelor of Religion/Theology/Religious Education, Ordination or endorsement by Faith community.
• Successful completion of one or more units of Clinical Pastoral Education and/or Pastoral Counselling Education is considered an asset.
• Knowledge and experience of working with geriatrics and a variety of chronic physical and mental health issues.
• An understanding and recognition of world religions, gender diversity, LGBTQ issues, cultural diversity and cultural humility.
• Ability to plan, implement and facilitate Spiritual services which are meaningful to the residents.
• Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
• An understanding of resident focused care and the philosophy of Eden Alternative.
• Understanding of end of life issues and care giving.
The successful candidate will be required to submit a satisfactory vulnerable sector check prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
When emailing your application, please indicate what source you found this posting in and please ensure your cover letter, résumé, and any other supporting documents are submitted in one file (preferably MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe (.pdf)). Please also indicate in your cover letter your preferred method of contact: text, email, or phone call.
We invite you to submit your application by 4:30pm on Friday, August 10th, 2018 to:
County of Northumberland
555 Courthouse Road
Cobourg, ON K9A 5J6