Reporting to the Manager, Land Use Planning and Inspection Services, you will primarily be responsible for performing on-site inspections of plumbing and on-site sewage systems to ensure compliance with the Ontario Building Code and all related legislation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- You will issue permits and undertake site inspections for residential, commercial, and industrial properties with regards to plumbing and on-site sewage systems.
- You will issue orders, respond to technical inquiries, and provide advice to the public regarding plumbing and on-site sewage systems, the Ontario Building Code, and other pertinent legislative requirements.
- You will review construction plans, specifications and reports from designers, engineers and architects to establish compliance with the OBC, municipal regulations and standards.
- You will liaise and maintain good public relations with department clientele including architects, engineers, lawyers, the public, other departments, and government agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- You have completed a three year post-secondary diploma/degree in Civil Engineering Technology, or suitable equivalent.
- You must be provincially qualified and registered with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing in accordance with the Building Code Act and OBC in the following:
- General Legal
- Plumbing All Buildings
- On-site Sewage Systems
- Your relevant experience is complemented by an excellent knowledge of general plumbing and sewage systems.
- You have excellent interpersonal, project/time management, analytical, communications, problem solving, record keeping, and report writing skills.
- You must have a valid Class G driver’s license with a clean abstract and a reliable vehicle to use for travel to inspection sites. An acceptable driver’s abstract must be submitted with your resume.