The Transportation Services Manager is responsible for the strategic alignment, leadership, management and administration of the Branch, including the planning, maintenance, season operations and life cycle management of infrastructure related to roads and lanes, transit and the City’s fleet equipment.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering Services, this position will perform the following duties:
- Develop the long-term objectives and framework for the City of Moose Jaw’s streets & roads infrastructure and Transportation system to respond to the longterm transportation needs within the community.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the streets & roads network.
- Oversee all aspects of the City of Moose Jaw Transit system.
- Plan, organize and direct the functions and activities related to the procurement, servicing, operation, maintenance and repair of all of the City’s fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Liaise with stakeholders associated with public transportation and the municipal airport for operational issues and partnership opportunities.
- Monitor, develop, prepare and control the branch’s operating and capital budgets and business plan in accordance with guidelines and policies.
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the branch is meeting budgetary commitments; prepare and deliver up-to-date statistical and financial records.
- Provide guidance and support in the planning, management, coordinating and performance reporting of the various operations and administrative activities; Align roles and responsibilities and hold staff accountable to performance measures in meeting branch commitments.
- Build an effective team and develop positive working relationships in a constructive culture.
- Undertake studies and develop strategies and policies to advise the Director on measures to enhance effective and efficient services in response to the needs of the community.
- Prepare reports and recommendations to Senior Executive and Council for review and approval; Provide input to the formulation of corporate strategies, policies and procedures.
Qualified candidates will have education and experience obtained through an Engineering Degree and eligible for registration with APEGS as P.Eng or EIT OR postsecondary two year diploma or degree in a related field with demonstrated continuous learning and five years’ management experience in a progressive leadership position with an extensive background in a public works/transportation environment. Additionally, preferred candidates will possess:
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and personal vehicle available for work use
- Proficiency in computer equipment, operating systems, word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Proficiency in writing comprehensive and detailed reports and business plans
- Certification or experience in asset management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If this opportunity appeals to you, please submit a resume prior to 5:00 p.m. May 2, 2018, outlining your credentials and names of references and indicating Competition #18-12, to:City of Moose Jaw, Human Resource Services Fax: (306) 694-4517 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org