Reporting to the Director of Community and Social Services, the Community Services Manager will guide and oversee the strategic policies, plans, project initiatives, and new community based engagement activities to advance social services, and poverty reduction initiatives within Northumberland County.
Qualifications & skills:
University Degree (Social Science, Business or Public Administration or other related discipline) combined with 3 to 5 years related work experience.
- Demonstrated policy analysis, development, planning and experience using innovation, best practices, planning, and measured results in complex matters of community services.
- Sound knowledge of community development principles, strategic community based project management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Expertise in applying business tools, budget, financial and risk management, and measured results in social or human service delivery.
- Contract and partnership development and management experience.
- Knowledge in research and understanding of local environmental needs, strengths, capacities, and opportunities in related services and sectors.
- Knowledge on how to use this data and indicator for the planning, implementation, and measuring of programs to address health and social inequalities.
- Experience in managing direct reports including demonstrated leadership experience and resource management. Managing within a unionized environment would be an asset.
- Management and leadership experience gathered in a municipal or broader public, private or voluntary sector is beneficial to understanding the full range of services and funding complications.
- Excellent communication, analytical and leadership skills
- Strong word-processing, spreadsheet applications, data management systems and reporting software skills.
- Valid Class G drivers licence and access to a vehicle with an ability to travel within Northumberland County and throughout Ontario as required.