Reporting to the Project Manager,
The incumbent will:
- Design and prepare Regional road and storm drainage projects
- Apply appropriate engineering standards and guidelines
- Provide information and assist internal staff and external consultants
- Inform, liaise and respond to inquiries from other departmental divisions, external agencies, residents and other customers about the Regional road and storm drainage systems
- Assist in problem solving during construction of Regional road and storm drainage projects
- Provide information in the selection, use, maintenance and training for computer hardware and software
The successful applicant will possess:
- A Post-Secondary diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent
- Registration with or be eligible for registration as a Technologist with O.A.C.E.T.T.
- About one year of work related experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Regional Design standards and guidelines for roads and storm drainage, Construction tendering procedure, Engineering Design and Construction methods and materials including surveying, Ministry of the Environment Design guidelines, Area Municipal standards, criteria and policies, and Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications and Drawings
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access), AutoCAD, Civil3D and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, project management, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- A valid Class G Driver's Licence with access to a reliable vehicle
CUPE 1764 Salary Grade 5
This position is with Salary Grade 5 and will be paid at the following hourly rates:
- Start: $33.86 - Six Month: $35.74 - Job: $37.62
External Application Process
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants; however, only those being considered will be contacted. Please apply online (www.durham.ca) no later than midnight on the closing date indicated on the Job Posting.
The Region of Durham is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity and you require accommodation, or if this information is required in an accessible format, please contact us at: RecruitingHelp@durham.ca and a Consultant will provide appropriate assistance pursuant to the Region's Accommodation and Accessibility policies. Please note that resumes should not be sent to RecruitingHelp@durham.ca.
Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/regionofdurham Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/regionofdurham